The quality of Cupertinum, amid Copertino DOC and Salento IGT
Cupertinum wines: a year of awards
“It has been a year characterized by prestigeous acnowledgments to Spinello dei Falconi Rosè and Copertino Doc Reserve, and by the increasing success of our project “the Vineyard on Copertino Castle” – a dream that brings together history and future, agriculture, culture, and tourism. These are Cupertinum leitmotivs, during its 81st anniversary.”. With these words Francesco Trono and Giuseppe Pizzolante Leuzzi, respectively Cupertinum President and WineMaker, describe 2016,
A beautiful set of awards has come from 2017 Guides as well as from high-quality events. Here you are a brief selection:
* First Prize at Radici del Sud to Copertino Riserva Doc. A great result and a confirmation for “a sumptuous wine, with very high profile, which ‘speaks’ about its territory of origin” and that enhances in its label the Castle of Copertino. This prestigious prize has been awarded by the International Jury formed by famous journalists: Maurizio Valeriani, Pier Luigi Gorgoni, Remy Charest, Simon Woolf, Tomasz Prange-Barczyski, Warren Edwardes, William Zacharkiw, Erin Stockton, Maria Grazia Melegari, Francesco Soleti, Aneesh Bhasin, Arto Koskelo, Charles Scicolone, James Melendez, Mayumi Nakagawara, Elisabetta Tosi, David Sarcinella.
* SlowWine Guide confirms that the “essential characteristic of all labels is their extraordinary ratio between quality and price” and acnowledges “Vino Quotidiano”, the award dedicated to excellent wines, to Spinello dei Falconi Rosé IGT Salento.
* A deep gratification has been the inclusion of Cupertinum in Vignaioli e Vini d’Italia, guide edited by Luciano Ferraro for Corriere della Sera, praising Negroamaro, Copertino Doc, and Squarciafico Rosé.
* The guide I Vini di Veronelli assigns 2 Stars to: Copertino Doc, Settantacinque, Reserve, Glykòs, Spinello dei Falconi, Negroamaro, Primitivo.
* The 2017 Annuario dei Migliori Vini d’Italia by Luca Maroni, consistently with his “fruity wine” theory, likes “the really good” IGT Salento: Primitivo, Squarciafico Rosé, Spinello dei Falconi, Negroamaro and Glykòs Passito.
* Vitae, Italian Sommelier Association’s guide, rewards with Three Screws the Settantacinque Copertino Riserva Doc and highlights the beneficial relationship quality/price of the entire range and vitality of our project.
* Dolce Puglia, the contest organized by the Italian Sommelier Association, awards Glykòs Passito IGT Salento ( “wonderful smelling scents… rich, elegant and persistent taste, inlaid by silky tannins”).
* Bibenda, the Italian Sommelier Foundation’s guide, praises Cupertinum overall quality project, assigning Three Bunches to Copertino Doc, the Negroamaro, Spinello dei Falconi and Cigliano.
* Paul Massobrio and Marco Gatti, creators of “Il Golosario” reward Copertino Riserva DOC and Primitivo Salento IGT. Top wines. Hooray!
* During the 34th edition of the prestigeous European Award for the Tourism and Hospitality in Spalato, Cupertinum has been awarded for its committment and efforts for the valorization of wine-tourism and territory, as well as for its project “The Vineyard on the Castle of Copertino”.